sweetthink
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Wywiad z Cory przed 3 serią

Go down

Wywiad z Cory przed 3 serią Empty Wywiad z Cory przed 3 serią

Pisanie by mysweettime Pon Sie 04, 2008 2:08 pm

At G-Major records, Jude (Alexz Johnson) has a new rival fighting with her for the spotlight - Karma.

Karma, played by Cory Lee, is the newest winner of the show's "Instant Star" contest. She wants the stage all to herself - and she's willing to do anything to get it.

The third season of "Instant Star" kicks off on CTV following "Canadian Idol" on Tuesday night.

Like Alexz Johnson, Lee doesn't have to fake her musical chops. A Juno-nominated singer, Lee is known for her hits "The Naughty Song" and "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service."

Lee brings a lifetime of industry experience to the role of "Karma," as well as a sexy urban-pop feel that's been missing from the show's "rock-pop" orientation.

CTV.ca visited the set of "Instant Star" to talk with Lee during a break between scenes about what it was like to join the tight-knit cast.

"I was so nervous driving to set on the first day, but everyone ended up being so welcoming," says Lee.

The British Columbia native says she has found it very easy to transition into her new career as an actress. Always the perfectionist, she's aiming high.

"Singing has been the love of my life since I was eight years old. I've known it longer and I've loved it longer. But acting is challenging in different ways," she says.

"I would love to do movies -- as an actress, that's a goal for me. I also hope I get to do 'Instant Star' for a couple more years, because it's a great show."

Lee has been apprehensive about how the worldwide fans of the show are going to react to Karma.

"The show only releases scripts to the actors one episode at a time, so for the first two episodes, I just thought 'Karma is so mean, no one is going to like me!'" says Lee.

"But I love it, I embrace it, and I get to live out impulses that I don't normally have. She's over the top, and that's really fun to play. I think as the season goes on, she becomes more real and people will understand why she does the things she does."

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service

This past May Lee released her second album, "Sinful Innocence." Sharp-eyed viewers may have noticed that "Instant Star" actor Tim Rozon appears in the video for that album's lead single, "No Shoes."

"That was right at the beginning of my time on the show -- in the middle of shooting the first couple episodes. He came out and supported me and I was very, very grateful," says Lee.

"He's a great actor and he looks so hot in that video. Tim's so nice and down to earth."

As usual, season three will feature a CD of songs from the show - including a few sung by Lee, such as "Waste My Time," which was originally performed by Johnson.

"It was interesting, because I learned the original version, then we changed some of the lyrics, and it was fun," says Lee.

Lee will also take a lead role in one of season three's special online "webisodes."

"The two girls in the clip are my two girls from Vancouver who toured with me on the first album. So when I heard they needed female dancers, I knew exactly who to get," reveals Lee.

"They were willing to fly out from Vancouver and choreograph it, and that was fun - it was like a Cory Lee performance. It's nice to work with people you know really well."

Lee, who is half German and half Chinese, began her music career at a very young age.

"Growing up I loved Michael Jackson, Madonna. Aaliyah would be my favourite artists of all time," says Lee.

So what kind of music would fans expect the young chanteuse to be listening to?

"I love the Amy Winehouse album, she's such a strong woman," she gushes.

"My iPod has 5,000 songs, so I run the gamut. Part of me is a rocker, and I have the Ramones - good music is good music."

Let's go get it

Lee doesn't have any plans in the near future to slow down - as soon as she finishes shooting season four of "Instant Star," she expects to continue promoting her new album by touring and performing all around the globe.

But don't worry about Lee - while she might be going on overdrive now, she still knows how to relax.

"I don't have a lot of free time, but I find when I do, I get bored. When I have my time off I relish it, I zone out, get lazy, wear dirty T-shirts and jogging pants, eating salsa and chips on my couch," says Lee.

"I wouldn't want it any other way, and if things get better, then I'll get busier. And I'm down for that, I'm like, let's go get it!"

CREDIT: CTV
mysweettime
mysweettime
Mrs. Rozon
Mrs. Rozon

Liczba postów : 3285

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry